Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Two firsts- Update

Update

Here is the truth about what actually happened that day. Ok I think I should tune this down a bit because it was really silly. For those of you who were expecting something scandalous I am sorry to disappoint you...on second thoughts...what the hell... I am not sorry. They have a ridiculous rule in the gym wherein you have to wear one pair of footwear when you come to the gym and then come and change into your sneakers. The reason they give me is that as people do floor exercises(they have mats don't they!!) and the bacteria that my shoes carry when I come from outside affects the patrons of the gym. I wanted to laugh at their faces and tell them that I could smear my shoes with E. coli O157:H7 or might even bring in a strain of Hanta or Ebola and you idiots would never know.

Another aspect to this was that I could wear my sneakers all day outside and just before coming to the gym what if I took them off and slipped into my sandals. They would never know what bacteria, virus or protozoa hit them then would they? But they refused to budge and sent me back packing. When I told my cousin this, he was not surprised and said this is a rule in a number of gyms in Bombay and I was like what sh*t!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two firsts that have happened to me during my stay in Bombay.

1. I missed work for the first time in my life because of riots. Yes that is riots alright... Nobody till today knows the exact reason why those riots started however of all the reasons that have been proposed the most interesting one is that a girl from the a particular community in Ghansoli was teased during Holi which lead to a crazy bloodbath which left almost 30 people injured and I am not sure if there were any fatal incidents.

2. I got thrown out of the gym yesterday. I had joined the gym last week and got thrown out yesterday. I am not going to divulge the reason, atleast not yet. Lets see if you can come up with why I got thrown out of the gym. Special mention for the best answer(sorry but that is the best I can give!!)

14 Comments:

Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

i am guessing

i) attire- sneakers??
ii) not maintaining gym etiquette ->gawking at the women, loud music, dropping weights

10:47 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

I was wearing sneakers and I did not gawk at anybody although. I could have dropped weights but no not in this case.

Come one try harder...

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm gonna try and put myself into the shoes of the trainer and see on what grounds I can throw someone out. Some of them are -
1. Not working out and simply hanging around and chatting.
2. Spending too much time at the gym *unlikely though*
3. Eve-teasing *quite likely ;)*
4. Violating any listed rules of the gym.
5. Dancing to the music instead of pumping *gyrating body and thrust moves like mithunda - very likely*
6. Some more but only if its none of the above.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Ok here are some rules, Adel-vague generalities will not do and this is not a subjective question, you were a CBSE student so answer to the point. Also just to clarify, the special mention may not necessarily be for the correct answer but for the best and most imaginative answer. So there you go...

6:06 AM  
Blogger Raju said...

You were skimpily clad???? Ha ha did you wear really short shorts ??

8:13 AM  
Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

did you violate contracts in your membership ? you are only allowed to use hours (7-10) in the evening but landed up at 5 or came in twice during the same day if its once a day ?

ii)did you really smell so bad that they had to throw you out ?

iii) Did you not clean your equipment after using them ?

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey

1. you forgot your gym ID or misplaced it
2. you forgot your towel
3. your legs have too much hair for you to be wearing shorts
4. you showed up at the gym DRUNK!!

abaan

12:44 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Reflextion
I can cut quite a dashing figure in skimpily clad shorts, what would you know about it anyway?


Rama
No I did not smell bad and yes I did not clean my equipment, but that is not why they threw me out.

Abaan
It does not have a gym id, yup I did forget my towel and no that was not the reason I got thrown out, but I like your line of thinking as far as #3 and #4 are concerned. Go on, build on that and we might have a winner(not necessarily for the correct answer but for the most imaginative one)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

well u took off ur shirt and everyone around got so jealous of ur bod that they thought u dont need to gym...so they threw u out:)

so hows u?? - sapna

3:36 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Ok...enough... the best imaginative and honestly(flattering answer) goes to Sapna from whyami(Sappy, I am so happy that all that "qualtiy" time we spent together made you comment so accurately about my bod). Its all borne fruit...oh I am sorry no pun intended.

Ok Sappy, here is your award, pick a topic and I will try and write on it as one of my forthcoming posts. Anything under the sun...go on girl...have a field day...

3:32 PM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

yipeee yaaiiii...am soooo honoured:P....any why the hell u calling me Sappy?!...neways lets see ill think abt something cool that u can rt on:)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Raju said...

WTF????!!!

Now did it happen or not???

7:51 AM  
Blogger A said...

Hey now i'm really curious to know the reason u got thrown out..

4:48 AM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

yes...reflextion...am sorry..but IT did happen...saaransh...i had to reveal it (pun unintended) at some point

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home