Thursday, March 09, 2006

What the f***???

I just don't get it, I am reading about it all over the web, every girl I meet has a story to say about it and yet it does not stop the sense of outrage and disgust that wells in me. The blog world is celebrating Blank Noise Project and its maddening sometimes to read what has been put up, to just imagine that women have more or less come to terms with harassment of various sorts and yet there are some beacons of hope like hemangini. Some of her story has elements of this story I wrote a long time back here.

For the women, a lot has been said and there is nothing I can say except it does not stop the feeling of shame that comes when I hear these incidents and to the men...GROW UP FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

PS: You have got to read the take Shiv Sena has on some of these issues- it takes the cake and eats it too. Sorry bad one!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes...horrifying it is!! and like you said every girl would have a story to tell..
sometimes, you do something about the situation, but sometimes you dont...
and then, certain times you cannot....when it happens on a regular basis, and when you dont even know the face of the offender!
what does one do then...?

this blanknoise pjt is eating me up too!...i feel a lump in my throat, eachtime i read somebody's account-experience...

=I

9:56 PM  
Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

maaru,

has megs left ? where are the pics ?

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home