Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Train to Jodhpur

On the train to Jodhpur, we are about 12 people traveling together. Of these 12, I know about 3.5 well(the 0.5 being a nephew who is 4) In all there are 4 children below the age of 10 and its amazing the decibels such a small larynx can produce. There was a constant clattering of things, at any point one of them was wailing because the other kid was mean to him. Their constant demands for water, food and other such sundry items drove us all mad. So here is a new amendment for Mr. Laloo Prasad Yadav, the honourable Minister for Railways- a new containment chamber for all kids(especially boys) below the age of 10. The kids are to be sedated and will be kept in the containment chamber for the entire length of the journey(I guess I will have to look out for the zealots of human rights after having proposed this) What the hell-bring them on!!

There is a lady traveling with us in the train with a 6 year old son. She is a lecturer in a management institute. A nephew of her's boards the train from Baroda. With all the noise that was being created by those brats I mentioned above, we were all sick and the lady gave me the "Don't get married" gyaan if you want to avoid this. I inturn said that that is a good idea as I am sure I can enjoy all those benefits which come with a marriage without actually getting married and this lady just went berserk. She said I should be thrown off the train and subjected to 440V of AC(ok now that was a bit of an exaggeration-she might have said 440V of DC) She asked me if my family knew my views and I said they did not. She threatened me that she would tell them and I said go ahead. Suddenly she screamed and said- "what do you want of me??" and I was like EXCUSE ME??

On reaching Jodhour station, I helped the above mentioned lady with her luggage and she thanked me and told me to enjoy my bachelor life and I looked right at her and said-"Trust me...I will!!"

Such fun!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

Maaru, nice to see you back.

I know you have a thing for elder women, so i am not sure you are telling us everything that prompted the reaction " What do you want of me ??

12:48 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Rama
I have to confess my innoncence this time- what you read is what happened.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Raju said...

I guess I'm going to adopt a 10 year old! But yeah Rama I have noticed that older women thingie too!!! Hyuk, Hyuk......Naaaaaaw!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Trust me.. I will!!" A Saraansh trademark

12:52 AM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

hmmm..why the bias??small girls can be pretty annoying too!..I once had a 5 - 7 yr old for a train passenger and she insisted I play with her doll!!...

5:51 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Reflektion
What may I ask have you noticed about that older women thingie that you seem to mention? I would love to hear this!!

Adel
Good to see someone atlast picked up on that. I thought it would go unnoticed :-)

whyami(how should I know!!)
There was a little girl with us too and she stuck to her mum all through and she was a darling-not a whimper from her but those boys I tell you...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

bias bias!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Raju said...

Come on...I can pull your leg now and then!! And I do remember some random statement you made about older women sometime back....DAMN I forgot your reference

8:12 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Facts reflextion facts...mere conjecture will not do.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home