Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Marriage

On my trip to Mumbai I made a trip to visit a friend of mine who got married recently. For certain specific reasons, I will withhold her name. It was good to see her after almost 1.5 years. She was also very happy that I took the time to come visit her as I was not able to attend her wedding. As we sat there talking, I noticed a strange sense of satisfaction in her. We were looking at her wedding album and as she launched herself into explaining who was who and what was happening, I could not help but notice that she had so much to say about so many things. We spoke about the events that lead upto her wedding, the wedding itself and her last six months of married life. She spoke about so many things that day, about her husband, his career, what she wants to do with hers(she is a teacher), about the flat they are living in, how they went about furnishing it, about what she expects from her marriage, about the pleasures she has experienced, about the disappointments she faced and about her fears regarding the future.

As I took the train back home from Vashi that day after meeting her, don't know why but I felt terrified.

11 Comments:

Blogger ioiio said...

Im trying to spot a reason here for u to be terrified..

Can u post the foto of her.. Might just find a reason. But Dont let her name out. Lets maintain anonymity (quite literally). Lol

12:55 AM  
Blogger Ram Subramanian said...

:-) .... i dont know what else to say..
I can think of a few reasons why .. and i think I share some of them

8:21 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Ullu
I wish I could post a pic of hers as for you not able to spot a reason, try and scratch the surface once in a while.You will find a lot more

Rama
I think some of those reasons might just be the same and they scare the hell out of me.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fear of loosing yourself? Fear of getting all your life references occupied by another person and his or her family?

Nah, you do not have to fear much. I can tell from my own experience. It is all up to you what you want to get excited about.

But may be you should be glad that your friend is happy. As long as things are private, moral and legal; what matters is happiness. It matters less how do you get that.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

I guess its more like the fear of the unknown...because as much as we discuss marriage and the "perks" it brings along,you are never ready for the real thing unless it actually happens.

What scared me more was the nonchalance with which she was telling me all this..almost matter-of-fact...

11:15 PM  
Blogger archana jain said...

i can really inderstand, what she must have told you and how you must have felt... i have being married since one year, and although i am happy and satisfied with my partner, but yet at some point i feel lost. lost for i was a very different person before i got into this institution of marriage. there is so much to handle from relationship to relatives. to just simply mantain the identity and roles of a married woman.the boundaries and the expectation of the society from you. the idiosyncraies are too much.you dont realise all this until you get into it.
i dont mean to scare you but yes its quite a responsibilty and one can never be prepared for it you just have to go through it.
take care while choosing your partner and his family...its very very important

6:23 AM  
Anonymous kamal said...

thank you very much for sharing such a nice post.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous advance booking padmavati said...

great post!!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous robot 2.0 songs online said...

Nice post

11:55 PM  
Anonymous tiger zinda hai songs mp3 download said...

The way you wrote everything that's so good. Thanks for sharing this with us

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Kaala Movie Advance Online Booking said...

great post thanks

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home