Thursday, May 12, 2005

Desperation...

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

I heard these lines when I was watching the movie- "Shall We Dance?" Its a movie about a successful lawyer who has a beautiful wife, great kids and a happy family and yet finds himself wanting for something else. One day he sees a woman standing in the window of a dance school and he begins to look for her everyday. He joins the dance school and later in the movie tells the woman in the window that when he saw her standing there in the window, she looked on the outside what he was feeling on the inside.

Don't know why but I have been repeating these lines to myself for the last few days, its as if somebody gave words to what I have felt for a long time now. We have a nice family, great friends, a good job and people who love us and yet there is a need for something more, something that will thrill us every morning, something that will leave us exhilarated and yet when I try explaining this to my mom she thinks that I am unhappy with her which I am not. I guess these are some of those mysteries of life that one has to figure out for oneself.

In the end, the lawyer understands that if he had only shared what he felt with his wife and family, things would have been so much easier. Hmphh...

2 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

hey there.. :)

yup i loved the movie and the quote is from walden (thoreau) who's one of my favouritest writers...

7:39 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Hey suze
Yup it was quite an enjoable movie and loved those lines and thanks for shedding light on the author.I knew it was him but forgot to mention it.

Damn!!You know what...I wish I could dance like them in the movie.More on that later.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home