Friday, February 04, 2005

at last...machines with emotions...

I had sent a mail to a friend of mine who I thought works with Sify and so I sent the mail on her sify email id. However I received a Mailer-Daemon which read thus-

" Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sifycorp.com.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
Giving up on 10.1.8.60."

Don't know why but I found it hilarious...I mean talk about machines with intelligence, emotions, the mail server apologises, pleads that its giving up because its fatigued and that its sorry that it "did'nt work out".Relax yaar...

Update:
This is an update to the last post.A friend received this in his email when he did'nt subscribe to a particular service.

If this means that you do not care to be in mobile friendnetwork, then just say so - and save both of you the hassle. It only takes a few seconds!
Just click here to confirm or reject your relationship with
If you dont want to be invited by your friends, just click on the linkabove....


gaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwd!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you mentioned about that incident....i had someone else(not well used to computers and internet) tell me the same thing today..actually in my case..she sent me a mail..got a similar error...she called me and wanted to pass on her apologies to the "person" to kept trying to deliver the mail to me!!

-manoj (yes..that one)

1:43 AM  
Blogger Anjana said...

:-)

Glad to know atleast machines have feelings! May I (mis)quote:

'The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as emotional as men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway'

9:09 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Manoj
Yeah its strange how some of these things go around!!

Anjana
I have a feeling there was a veiled attempt at trying to convey something else through that comment you left.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Anjana said...

Hey there!

C'mon! I'm too simple a person to do al dat. I thot u'd kno better...

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home