Monday, January 31, 2005

God save me!

An update on the last post: After the very "slick" sangeet function, it was the turn of the wedding. We(as in family, as in mum,dad,sis and yours truly!) attended the wedding in the morning at DMK hall(this has nothing to do with either the bride's or the bridegroom's political affiliations though I can't be too sure of that).It was a long drawn out wedding with the customary Rajasthani rituals and I found myself feeling extremely drowsy very soon(must have been because of the smoke of the agnikund) and after this we came back to attend the reception in the evening. This is when my travails began.All of a sudden I found myself surrounded by 4 women all claiming to be relatives and slowly but steadily getting agitated with my loss of memory. I had to profess my ignorance as this was a side of my family I have never really met.In all this,my mum seemed to be deriving some inexplicable sadistic pleasure watching me squirm.I promised myself I will get back at her for this.The ladies around me seemed to be complaining as to how less I talked and how I should be more sociable and I just stood there shaking my head hoping that this get over soon.It did get over but with a stern warning from each one to come and visit them if I was ever in their city(now what are the chances of me complying with that...)The bright side is that I won't have to worry about boarding and lodging if I ever went to places like Pune and Baroda where Mamta maasi and Bharathi maasi live(those are the only two names I caught).The reception finished and they lived happily ever after...

maasi-Mother's sister

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Saraansh,
You make it look like you've had a great escapade from terrorists... :-)
There's nothing wrong in humoring your "old" relatives. After all, there’s no harm in being affable and approachable to people, especially relatives, in such gatherings. It’s expected of you. Who knows...you might even enjoy it, if you come out of your cocoon.
--
Viji

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well !! u never know wat plans they wud have had for u !!!

the lean mean machine( ahem !!) cud have easily attractd a lot of attention.Anyway, you should be expecting more of such "visits",now that you are a "suitable" bridegroom urself .ha hah.

and i strongly object ur ageism !!if they had been some distant relative of your age -----

~SatS~

5:08 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Hey sats
Good to see you here and don't even remind me of what "other" plans(or rather evil designs!!!) they might have for me.Its, territory I don't want to venture into.I'm happy with the way things are and want "them" to let me "be" for as long as I want to.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home