Saturday, January 29, 2005

Oil, oil everywhere...

I'm not going to launch into a tirade against Bush and his middle-east plans,though I would love to...maybe some other time.
We(as in mum,dad and sis) had gone for a sangeet function of a relative whom mum considers close but I would beg to differ. As we went and took our dinner plates and served ourselves, my sis and I suddenly had the same thought- we turned to each other and said-"This food is dripping with oil". It was amazing that every dish on the spread in front of us had oodles of oil. There were pooris with oil, pav-bhaji with oil, a mixed vegetable with oil, a potato dish with oil, gobi manchurian with oil...It was too much of a coincidence for it to be dismissed away. What I was wondering was, what does such a diet do to one's gastric system?I won't hazard a guess because of my very limited knowledge in this area but I do know that it can't be anything positive. I looked around me to check if anybody else had observed this, but the people around seemed oblivious and just carried on eating. Was there something wrong with these people around me that they failed to notice such an "Oil spill" that was happening in their stomach or maybe I was just making an issue out of nothing. So I just sat there eating and watching the oil glisten on my fingers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering y u thought abt the OIL content..
Is MRF n BridgeStone n MIchelin trying to invade u jus like it did to me long time bac.

Upto u prove one way or the Other

Ullu

11:33 AM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

What was that?Im sorry if I seem a little slow on the uptake but I did'nt get that.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Adel Anwar said...

I thought maaru weddings generally had quite "sumptuous" (also read as oily ;) ) food. I had gone for this wedding at Palace Gorunds in Bangalore and the food section was massive (literally). Name a food and you're sure to find it there. Maaru weddings are always an experience for a foodie!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

Adel
I agree but its crazy when you look at it because I can't imagine how much of that gets wasted...which I must add is quite a lot as I have seen these and been part of these at very close quarters;also I have never understood the fascination for oil and ghee and I probably never will.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey saraansh...

good work...:)happy bloggin!!!!looking fwd to more doses of witty,whacky,conny,oily..(oops..;) ) stuff!

-spidey

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home